Thursday, July 22, 2010

Store Sales


First, I must say that I LOVE Target :) I got all the above items for $1 or $2.50 each at Target's dollar section (at the front of the store when you first walk in). So if you need pipe cleaners, crayons, paper, stickers, plastic bins, magazine holders, or a planner book go ahead and check that section out.

Here's what I ended up getting:

Wooden Date Board: $2.50 I'll be using this as part of our calendar time each morning, it just seemed perfect, it's all wooden, and it was $2.50!!

Yellow Bin: for all those arts and crafts things I've collected

Blue Desk Chart: these are similar to what's used in classrooms. The slots allow cut out letters, words, or numbers to be slid in. I used these in my K-1 classroom for making sentences, putting words together, and even a behavior chart where each child had colored cards above their name.

Blue Wall Chart: same as the desk chart, but this can be put on the wall anywhere.

Teacher Plan Book: The paper must have cost more than the $1 this item cost, I've no idea how they did it really. It's basic and meant for a classroom but can provide a nice organized place to put daily activity ideas, list the themes of the month, etc.

So keep your eye out right now for cheap school supplies that might be useful for your preschooler.

Some ideas include:
  • glue stick
  • crayons
  • stickers
  • paper
  • markers
  • pencils
  • pipe cleaners
  • puff balls
  • manipulatives (anything small that can be counted, sorted, matched, or transferred)
Has anyone else found any good deals they'd like to share? Any $.05 crayons or anything?

3 comments:

  1. I just want you to know that I went crazy at Target tonight, thanks to you! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Sorry Rhianna! I didn't mean to be a bad influence :) That whole dollar section is just too tempting though, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Target is the BEST!!!! The dollar bin is a staple at our house!! At our Target they usually have tons of flashcards--like letters and numbers. Those are great to use with lessons when you are introducing a letter or number. I hang them all so we can review as we complete each one. I heart Target!

    ReplyDelete