Friday, July 2, 2010

Sid the Science Kid

I found a fantastic resource for science-related activities geared towards preschoolers.

http://www.pbs.org/parents/sid/activitiesIndex.html

On the website you can print out a PDF file of each activity and watch a short (2-3 minute) video clip of the activity being done. I plan to make the Applesauce activity one of the September activities since the theme is apples and I think it can be fun for any kid, even the under-1 crowd can enjoy mashing apples and eating the applesauce.

What do you think? Those who will be helping to plan lessons, do you think these might be a good addition to your month's themes?

6 comments:

  1. Weird, I left a comment earlier and it's gone! I love the idea of using those resources!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhianna, my comment on your post got deleted too! I might need to check on this and make sure there's no glitch or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like a lot of those activities. I think having the choice to do one of them a month is good. Some are easier than others or more/less time intensive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't looked at the website yet, but I've used some of the ideas they show in the actual show. I think they've worked great. I'd definitely use the science stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes I think that is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete