Wednesday, April 13, 2011

April week 3 day 1

For April week 3 we will be focusing on fruits and vegetables. Then on day three, there are some Easter lessons. We'll continue to work on gentleness as the fruit of the spirit. We'll also practice sorting by color and comparing. The letter of the week is Ww for watermelon.

Here are the supply and book lists for April week 3.

And here is the prep for April week 3 day 1:

1. Print out the fruit and veggie clip art. Depending on your child's cutting skills, you can cut the pictures out before hand or have your child help during the activity. Perfect cutting isn't required, just enough to seperate the foods.

2. Divide your large sheet of white construction paper into six somewhat equal sections. With matching markers, label each section with a color word: red, blue, yellow, purple, green, and orange. So in one section write the word "red" in red marker, in the next write "blue" in blue marker, and so on.

3. Gather your clip art pictures, your label paper, scissors, and glue.


The action rhyme for fruits of the spirit had to be made really small to fit on the lesson plan, so I'll put it here too.

Fruits of the Spirit – God Helps Me Be Gentle Action Rhyme
Just watch the gardener and you'll see (Form circles with hands, and place over eyes)
How gentle he is with his tree. (Pat one hand with the other)
The branches that are broken, he will fix. (Hold out arm, then let hand bend at wrist)
He gives strength and love to the little sticks. (Hold up index finger in front of you)
God is gentle with me - I'm so glad! (Point to yourself)
His Spirit comforts me when I'm sad. (Make sad face)
He gives me his love every day! (Hug yourself.)
He always hears me when I pray. (Place hand around ear.)
God helps me be gentle too. (Point to yourself.)
If you ask him, he'll help you. (Point to a neighbor.)
With gentle hands, I'll help others. (Hold hands out in front of you)
Jesus likes us to love one another. (Hug somebody.)
God helps me be gentle and meek. (Point to yourself.)
He helps me use soft words to speak. (Point to mouth.)
He helps me not fight or blame others. (Put fists up in front of you.)
He helps me to love each and every brother. (Hug somebody different)

*You might want to learn a little bit each day instead of all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment